Magister: a milestone in application generation
Magister is a new and innovative application generator, with these features:
- Magister generates a complete application from a single source document.
- No need for any additional VB or other 3GL programming.
- Superfast development of administrative applications.
- Magister solves "the Problem of Time in Relational Databases".
- Supported environments: MS Access 2002 client on a MS Access or SQL Server database.
- Other options, such as Oracle with VB or Java, are envisaged.
A general introduction to Magister can be found in this article (207 KB):
Hansel und Gretel on Application Development.
Also available is a zip file (223 KB) with a Salary Administration demo, containing:
Speaking of superfast development, this Salary Administration demo, with its 6 entities, 9 forms, 2 reports and complex computations, is developed in less than a day. (That is what it takes to write the source document. The actual compilation takes 45 seconds on a 1GHz desktop.) The normal development time would be measured in weeks.
- the source document
- the .mde file as it is generated (requires Access 2002, as in Office XP, to run it)
- the help file (the first time you use help, you will be asked to locate this help file)